Why is having an EFFECTIVE Website so Important?
If you haven’t tried it yet, do this now: whip out your smartphone or tablet and navigate to your website. You’d be surprised how many business owners have never done this, even though they use their phones and tablets all the time to order pizzam buy products or search for a service. So now that you’re there, what do you see? Teeny-tiny text? What are the graphics doing? How easy is it to navigate? Can you find the information you are looking for? If you are dismayed by what you see, then we urge you, right now, to consider a website redesign. Getting a website makeover isn’t just a cosmetic luxury; it’s a business necessity. The Internet has progressed a million miles in the last five years alone and the dizzying pace of change, particularly with regards to the march toward a more mobile web, is not going to stop any time soon. Here are 5 signs you need a website redesign:
1. Your Website Isn’t Mobile-Optimized. As we hinted very bluntly above, if you cannot view your own business website on your mobile device, neither can your customers. If that’s the case, they are going to go elsewhere. There’s no time to “wait and see” on this one; within just a few months, more people will be surfing the web from their smartphones and tablets than from their desktop computers. And if you’re not going where the eyeballs are, your website will become invisible. Google is penalizing websites in the search rankings for not being mobile-friendly. For this reason alone, you may need a website redesign.
2. Your Website is Invisible to Search Engines. Try this test: Go to Google, Bing or any other search engine and search for one of the products or services you provide, or even your company name. Does your website show up on the first page of search results? If not, your website needs some serious search engine optimization (SEO). SEO is a very critical reason for a website makeover. The vast majority of business websites gather traffic from organic search, but customers only look at the first few entries on the first page of results—they seldom scroll down and almost never click through to another page of search results. Our certified SEO expert is especially trained and constantly up-to-date on the latest from Google, etc. so he can keep your website front and center as algorithms change (and they change very, very often).
3. Your Website Hasn’t Changed with Your Business. Another reason you might need a website overhaul is that it hasn’t kept up with changes in your business. Outdated information can confuse and irritate your customers and cause problems for your staff at the very least.
4. Your Website Design Looks Dated. Everyone needs a wardrobe update now and then and your website is no exception. It isn’t 2007 anymore, and if your customers have been seeing the same old, same old for the last several years, it can get boring. Not only that, but it tells customers that other things besides your design might not be current (refer back to #3). We can help you with fresh, responsive website design that looks great and adapts to whatever medium your customers are using. (Smartphones, tablets, desktops, etc.) Remember your website is your first impression to potential customers who find you online.
5. Your Website Doesn’t Bring Value to the Customer. A potential visitor may visit your website once, but if they do not find anything helpful, useful or valuable to them, they will not return. So in addition to current product and service information, we can help you enrich your website with customer-focused content (regularly-updated and informative blogs, exclusive mobile web design content, video content, social media marketing, etc.) that keeps them coming back for more!
How many new Customers can your business handle each month?
Schedule a quick phone appointment with us today!